If you find it hard to find something meat-free to tickle your taste buds, here’s the answer
- 250g packet smoked tofu, drained and cubed
- 3tbsp soy sauce
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 x 400g cans green lentils, drained and rinsed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
Marinate the tofu in 2tbsp of the soy sauce for at least 30 mins, or overnight if possible. Drain the tofu, but keep the marinade to one side.
Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the tofu until browned on all sides. Add the spring onions and chilli, then cook for a further 2 mins.
Pour in the lentils, lime juice, marinade and the remaining soy sauce, and heat through. Stir through the coriander just before serving.
Video of the Week
For added texture, coat your tofu in cornflour before frying it.