Healthy yet still full of flavour, this Stilton, apple and walnut salad has lots of added crunch thanks to the apple and walnuts. A simple lemon and honey dressing is all your need to complement these strong flavours. This salad is far from boring! Serving between 8-10 people, this salad is perfect for sharing with friends and family and would make the ideal side dish at your BBQ. A portion of this delicious salad works out at only 151 calories per serving.
- 2 red-skinned apples, cored and chopped
- 2 Little Gem lettuces, shredded
- 100g bag watercress
- 125-150g mature Stilton, crumbled
- 100g bag walnut pieces, roughly chopped if large, and lightly toasted
- For the dressing
- Zested rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 6-8 tbsps walnut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2-3 tbsps fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Stir the apple in the lemon juice for the dressing, to help prevent it discolouring.
Arrange the Little Gem and watercress leaves over a serving plate. Take the apple out of the lemon juice (but reserve the juice) and scatter over the top of the salad leaves, along with the Stilton and pieces of walnut.
Add the remaining dressing ingredients to the lemon juice, whisk together and spoon over the salad.
Not a fan of Stilton? Replace with your favourite cheese