If you’re looking for a quick, easy-to-prepare dinner that’s packed with flavour, treat yourself to the taste of Thailand with this simple Thai beef salad recipe. With a light, fresh dressing and plenty of chopped salad vegetables, this dish is the perfect combination of filling and healthy – plus, if the sun is shining, it can be prepared on the BBQ!
- 2 x 200g sirloin steaks
- Zested rind and juice of 3 limes
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 1tbsp brown sugar
- 1 red or green chilli, sliced
- Small bunch of coriander, stalks finely chopped
- For the salad:
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced
- Large handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Handful of mint leaves, basil leaves, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 100g mangetout and sugar-snap peas, sliced
- 100g radishes, sliced
Season the steak with plenty of black pepper the juice and zest of 1 lime and the soy. Set aside while you mix together the remaining lime juice and zest, ginger, brown sugar, chilli and coriander stalks.
Heat a bbq or griddle to high and cook the steaks for 3-4 mins on each side, flipping, for medium rare or a few mins more to cook through. Leave to rest, while you arrange the salad on a platter. Slice the steak and place on top of salad and drizzle over dressing.
Leaving the meat to rest gives it time to relax and reabsorb lost liquid, resulting in a juicy, tender steak.