These savoury muffins are so moreish, you’d better make sure you’ve baked enough!
- 170g/6 oz wafer thin turkey ham, cut into strips
- 200g/7 oz plain flour, sifted
- 1tbsp baking powder
- 1tsp sugar
- 100g/3.5 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- 2tbsp oil
- 2tbsp Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- 1 medium sized courgette, grated
Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and grated cheese.
Beat egg in a separate bowl, add milk, oil and Dijon mustard. Add wet ingredients to dry mix and fold in gently.
Add the courgette and turkey ham and fold in gently. Do not beat or overmix.
Spoon in to fill muffin cases until 3/4 full and bake in a pre-set oven at 190°C/375ºF/gas 5 for 20-25mins.
Serve with cream cheese or butter.