Salty, chewy halloumi and fresh, crisp vegetables combine to make these delicious vegetarian kebabs
- 250g pack halloumi cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 small courgettes, cut into large pieces
- 2 peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 aubergine, cut into chunks
- 8 chestnut mushrooms
- A little olive oil (for tossing)
- 1tsp dried mixed herbs
- Pitta bread, couscous and tzatziki, to serve
Preheat the grill to high. Place the halloumi cheese and the vegetables in a bowl and toss with a little olive oil and the mixed herbs.
Thread on to eight skewers, then cook for 4-5 mins, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender.
Serve the kebabs with toasted pitta bread, couscous and tzatziki.
Video of the Week
These kebabs taste great cooked on a barbecue, too. Make sure you keep them well away from any meat though!