7. Let your fingers do the walkingBeing skilled in pleasuring each other with your hands is ideal, because you don't have to take your clothes off - you can do it in the car or under the restaurant table and, when you're still healing internally from birth, you can still enjoy clitoral orgasms.
8. Don't assumeNever take it for granted that you know what your partner wants and desires sexually, especially after giving birth. You are responsible for telling each other how and where you like to be touched, kissed or licked.
Also make sure you use lots of lubrication: either saliva from plenty of licking or a gentle water-based formula, to make sex easier and less painful.
- Next: Keep talking to improve your sex life
More help and advice- Top tips to boost your sex life
- Dr Petra answers your sex problems
- Bored with the missionary? Try our top 10 sex positions