Other people see tough guy, we see him being honest with himself (and everyone else) about his feelings.
Everyone else wants to comment on how they'll look when they age, but we just see a lifetime of commitment that we're totally happy to get on board with.
So ladies, if you already have an inked partner in your lives, we're sure you don't need us to tell you these reasons they're so fab, but hey - it's always good to have a little reminder...
1. They wear their heart on their sleeve
Men with ink aren't scared of being upfront about feelings and emotions. In fact, they've got plenty of personal things written all over themselves.
2. Science says those with tattoos have more sex
The Sexual Medicine Journal (yes that is a real thing) says so. We aren't going to argue with that...
3. It means he's committed
You didn't need to wait for a ring on your finger to know your man was the real deal, you'd seen those sleeves. This isn't a guy who's scared of something being forever.
4. He can tolerate pain
Dealing with the mother-in-law and children on four hours sleep is a breeze after him sitting through that back piece.
5. You'll never need to worry about forgetting the lyrics to your 'couple' song again
Or the date of your anniversary. Can I just see your upper right arm dear?
6. They have interesting life stories
Tattooed guys have usually travelled a pretty interesting path, mainly because they're not afraid to be spontaneous from time to time. They've had adventures and they don't mind sharing them all with you.
7. His inkings are a constant reminder of your family
Children's names, memories, funny moments and all the rest, it's like looking through a family photo album but with less greasy finger prints all over the snaps...
8. It gives you an excuse to get tattoos yourself
If your hubby is covered in ink then there's going to be no one to justify your potential plans to. Now, about that half-sleeve...
9. David Beckham has tattoos
To be honest, need we say anymore?
10. Even if he's an accountant, he still has that 'bad boy' look
He might be working 9-5 during the week, but at the weekend he still has that rebellious 18 year old inside that suit.
11. No one is ever going to pick a fight with him
Even though you know he wouldn't hurt a fly, you also never have to worry about him getting into trouble because everyone thinks he is a tough guy.
12. He wants to get his body out all the time
Which we're pretty sure we don't mind.
13. He takes better care of his body cause he wants to show it off
All those wives who 'worry how tattoos will look at 60' - our guys are making sure that their tattoos will still be on a great body!
What do you love about your partner's tattoos? Tell us in the comments below!