Keep children entertained with this easy-to-make project from Woman’s Weekly. They’re so much fun, you’ll want to have a go yourself!
Transform old bottles with rainbow-coloured paints, add a funny face and a ball and recycle them into fun and funky skittles!
You will need
* 6 clean, empty plastic bottles with screw-top lids
* Approximately 300g rice
* All-purpose household glue
* Acrylic paints and a brush
* A tennis ball or similar
1. Undo the lids of all six bottles and pour approx 50g of rice into each bottle to weigh it. Run a line of glue around the inside of the lids before screwing them back on to the bottles.
2. Using our picture as a guide, decide on the ‘neck’, and paint the top part of your bottles a light shade for the head, then paint the body in a darker shade of the same colour. Leave to dry.
Video of the Week
3. Paint waves or splodges on the body using the lighter shade. Paint the lids as hats with a contrasting hatband. Paint a row of dots in between the head and the body. Finally, use a fine paintbrush to paint in a face and strands of hair on the head. Leave to dry completely before setting your skittles up for a game!