- Broccoli and Pine Nut Pasta, Boil 100g pasta and add 125g broccoli 5 mins before the end of the cooking time. Drain and toss in 3tsp toasted pine nuts and 8 halved cherry tomatoes plus a tsp of olive oil. Toss well and serve immediately. Bowl of raspberries. V
- Small roast chicken breast (no skin), 2 small oil-brushed roast potatoes (or boiled) , carrots and cauliflower. Gravy made with gravy granules. Scoop of sorbet.
- 220g pack Dolmio Express Microwave Fusilli with 170g pack Dolmio Tomato and Basil Microwave sauce. Serve with salad leaves. V
- Half a 270g Pizza Express margarita pizza with salad. Plus a bowl of fresh fruit salad. V
- One 100g (4oz) grilled salmon fillet, served with a small jacket potato and green vegetables. One scoop of sorbet.
- Grilled fresh sardines. Crush one clove of garlic, rub into the inner and outer surfaces of four gutted sardines. Grill until just cooked through. Serve with one boiled sweet potato, broccoli, and wedges of lemon. Half a 420g tin of Del Monte Fruit Cocktail in Juice.
- 150g (raw weight) lean rump steak grilled and served with 100g (4oz) cooked oven chips; two tbsp each of mushrooms and onions 'fried' in spray oil.
- Vegetable Sweet and Sour Stir-fry. Stir-fry two large handfuls of chopped vegetables such as onions, peppers, baby sweetcorn and mushrooms in a tbsp of rapeseed oil. Add 3 tbsp drained pineapple chunks in juice, half a can of canned tomatoes, squirt of tomato purée, plus white wine vinegar and honey to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer until the sauce has thickened. V
- Prawn Kebab. Thread 150g raw king prawns onto 2 kebabs interspersed with chopped pepper, mushroom and red onion. Spray with a little spray oil and sprinkle with black pepper or a little mild chilli powder and grill until cooked through (grey prawns turn pink). Follow with a Gu 50g Cheeky Chocolate dessert.
- 7 roasted salted or hickory smoked almonds. V
- 1 pot of Muller Light Cherry yogurt
- 2 medium apples. V
- 3 slices of mango (fresh or tinned and drained) with 2 slices of fat-removed Parma ham
- 80g pack Boots Shapers Carrot Crunchies, one apple and a handful of grapes. V
- 3 teaspoons of peanut butter with carrot sticks. V
- 4 small squares of high quality dark chocolate with 70% cocoa solids. V
- 50g pack Weight Watchers cheese spread & spring onion dipper
- 100g prawns with one tbsp low-fat thousand island dressing
- Small handful of peanuts and raisins. V
Ready meals aren't out of bounds. For an evening meal choose one with less than 400 calories and add lots of undressed vegetables or salad.
A bought lunch-time sandwich or salad should have no more than 300 calories. Eat with a couple of satsumas.
You can swap your daily snack for 1 x 150ml (1/4 pt) glass of red or white wine, or two small gin and tonics (each made with 25ml (1fl oz) gin and diet tonic)
Join our Diet Club
Our Gi Diet Club plan will keep you feeling fuller for longer and reduce those cravings with low-sugar, low-fat, fibre-rich foods. It will help you lose weight with a personalised calorie allowance and support at hand!
Join now and get 4 weeks free
Where to next?
Christmas Sex positions and diets
Christmas recipe guide
Christmas money saving tips