We all know a diet that works for one person doesn’t necessarily work for another. How come the diet that promised the loss of a stone without hunger has you practically fainting? Or why do a few holiday pounds take a month to disappear? Weight is lost differently according to how long you've had it. Take a look at these three diet type and decide on the one that's best for you.
The golden rules
- You can devise your own menus by using the food lists in the calorie counter. Find your type, then circle the food groups you're allowed.
- Stick to your calorie allowance
- You can go 50 calories higher, but you mustn't go any lower
- Allow half a pint of skimmed milk per day
- Drink unlimited water, tea and coffee
- Don't eat between meals
- If you have to buy a ready-meal, read labels and note the calories
- Only drink alcohol one day a week (none for Type 1). Add 100 calories per drink
Plan your own meals with Monica's calorie counter.