The verdictTotal calories for the day: About 3,120
Total calories with GTK swaps: About 1,540
Although it's quite common for us to add on an extra 1,000 calories a day through snacking, Sally has actually added over 1,500 without knowing it.
GTK says: Sally's diet isn't too bad and it's probably typical of many of us who work and juggle childcare. The main things is that Sally needs to drink more water, drink less coffee, eat more fresh vegetables - and stop the picking, because that's where the hidden calories are.
Sally says: 'I'm quite shocked actually. I thought I was quite good with my eating, I guess because I snack and pick I don't really count that as eating. The hidden calories have really opened my eyes and I'm definitely going to think more carefully about what I eat - and I think keeping a food diary has been really helpful.'
If you want to watch what you eat, here's a rough guide:
- To lose weight a woman needs between 1,300-1,500 calories per day
- To maintain weight a woman needs about 2,000-2,500 calories per day
- To gain a pound a woman needs roughly 3,500 extra calories per day
But it all depends on your height, age and starting weight. To get an accurate picture of how much you should lose, take a look at our BMI calculator
Where to next?
- Swap your favourite snack for something healthier
- Take our diet quiz to find your perfect diet
- Can't stop eating? Try our think yourself thin diet
- See more of our diets
- Easy exercise to fit into your day