You're out, you're starving and faced with the usual selection of fast food chains and sandwich shops to get something from, but you're keeping an eye on your weight. So what do you do?
It's near impossible to choose a vaguely healthy option when you're given no nutritional info on the food you're buying. Sometimes, what we think is a healthy choice, ends up being the most calorific of all!
- Burger King
- The Co-operative Expresso cafes
- Compass Group UK and Ireland - in a number of Royal Mail staff restaurants
- ISS Mediclean - in a number of London hospital restaurants
- Chessington World of Adventures and Zoo, operated by Merlin Entertainment
- Marks & Spencer cafes
- Harvester restaurants and Scream pubs, operated by Mitchells & Butlers
- Sodexo - in a number of client restaurants in its corporate and defence sectors
- Unilever staff restaurants (in partnership with Sodexo)
- Pizza Hut
- Pret A Manger
- Sainsbury's cafes
- Tesco staff restaurants
- 7 Day Catering - in college restaurants
- Waitrose cafes
We've taken a few of the most popular and got the nutritional information for their best-selling meals to help you make the right choices.
First, take a look at your recommended daily allowance of fat, calories, sugar and salt so you can make sense of the nutritional values we give you.
Now click on the high street food chain you want to investigate!
Pret A Manger
Find out how many calories are in your favourite foods with the clever calorie counting and swapping tool in the goodtoknow Diet Club. It'll help you figure out where those extra calories are coming from and why you're notlosing weight - the results might surprise you. Sign up today for your free, 5-day trial.