- Stand with your feet hip-width apart
- Stand up straight and put your hands on your hips
- Keep your hips facing forward and twist from your waist
- Repeat six times.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent
- Slide your hands under the small of your back just to check that you're not arching your back, and pull your tummy in
- Loosely clasp your hands behind your head and slowly use your stomach muscles to pull yourself up to an almost sitting position
- Then go back to the lying position, but do this slowly
- Do 10-12 of these crunches but don't worry if you can't - it's best to concentrate on doing them slowly while ensuring that your back is straight and your tummy is pulled in.
Crunch and twist
- Just like the exercise above but when you come up, twist your waist so that your right elbow is pointing towards your left knee and vice-versa.
- Do 10-12 repetitions.