Just because you've got a flabby belly it doesn't mean you have to avoid fitted clothes like jeans. The right jeans can pull a big tummy in and create more of an hourglass figure.
Style tips on how to disguise a big tummy with jeans
- High waisted jeans will cover your tummy and prevent a muffin top.
- Avoid low rise jeans even if they look really big - this is just an illusion because of the cut of the jeans.
- Look for jeans that have simple pockets and a zip fly at the front.
- Jeans that have lots of detailing and pockets at the front or a row of buttons rather than a zip will add bulk to your tummy.
- Invest in a pair of jeans that are very stretchy, they'll pull you in and smooth out your silhouette.
- Go for bootcut or slightly flared jeans, they'll balance out your shape.
- Choose fitted or tailored tops. Structured shirts are a great way to minimise a belly, especially if they have pinstripes.
Gallery of the best jeans for a big tummy
See more advice on the best jeans for your figure