It's well known that fizzy drinks aren't great for us, but could our choice of fizzy drink be giving us or our kids cancer?
Latest research (Center for Science in the Public Interest) suggests that when combined, 2 of the chemicals used to give Coke and Pepsi their caramel colour could cause lung, liver and even thyroid cancer.
But a spokesman for Coca-Cola said: ‘Studies show that the caramel we use does not cause cancer.'
So what should you do if you love your fizzy drinks and don't know who to believe? Well, why not switch to lemonade, or better still try a healthy smoothie, or get in those 8 glasses of water a day.
Here are a few facts you may not know about the brown stuff:
- Over 1 billion cans of Coca-Cola are drunk every day
- In many states in America police carry Coke in their trucks to remove blood from car accidents on the motorways
- You can use Coca-Cola to help remove grease stains from clothes and loosen rusty bolts.
Related stories- Are fizzy drinks a health risk?
- Why water is so good for you
- Try a skin saving smoothie