Spine curl with scarf
- Lie on your back with you knees bent, feet a hip width apart and parallel with each other.
- Tie a scarf around your thighs. Press gently outwards into the scarf as you do the exercise.
'Using the scarf makes your bottom work harder,' says Lynne.
- Breathe in deeply, then as you breathe out gently, draw up the muscles of your pelvic floor until your lower abdominal area hollows.
- Then gradually roll your spine up off the mat, bone by bone, until you have reached your shoulder blades.
- Breathe in and, as you breathe out, wheel your spine back down, vertebra by vertebra. Relax.
- Repeat up to eight times.