1. Make sure your skin is hydrated before you go out in the sun, with the regular use of a moisturiser. Use Simple's Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser to keep your skin looking in tip-top condition before you hit the beach.
2. Get into good habits now! Cleanse, tone and moisturise morning and night, to ensure is skin is well moisturised and blemish-free. Start an exfoliation routine, once or twice per week, about a month prior to your holiday. This will clear away all those dead skin cells, leaving it better primed to absorb moisturiser and looking radiant.
3. Keep your moisturiser – face and body – in the fridge when you're away. It feels lovely and refreshing plus extra soothing on over exposed skin! Also, apply your moisturiser when your skin is still damp as this helps to lock in moisture.
4. Avoid hot showers, as this can make skin drier and of course if you have overdone the sun it will make skin feel really sore.
5. After a night on the tiles, make sure you get all your party make-up off. Keep a pack of Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes by your bed. The last thing you want is a spot on holiday!
6. While in the sun, you should apply sunscreen every one or two hours and use around 40ml of lotion for a total body cover.
7. Don't forget to keep your décolletage covered or well-protected by a good quality sunscreen. It’s one of the first areas to show premature ageing so you need to look after it.
8. The skin on the face is more delicate and exposed than the rest of your body: so use a specially formulated facial product, like Simple's Regeneration Age Resisting Day cream with SPF 15, all year round to help care for your skin, not just on hot sunny days.
Now you’ve got the tips, all you need is the holiday to test them out on. So make sure you enter our competition to win a £500 holiday voucher with On The Beach.
Get your free Skin Health CheckDiscover the secret to healthier looking skin with a free Simple Skin Health Check worth £8.99.