There’s no need to count calories because we’ve done that for you. All you need to do is to follow the menu plan over the next few pages – at the end of the second week, start with week one again. It’s fine to have a shop-bought sandwich or salad for lunch or a ready meal in the evening as long as you stick to the following calorie allowances.
– Breakfast – 300 calories
– Lunch – 350 calories
– Evening meal – 500 calories
– Mid-morning snack – 100 calories
– Mid-afternoon snack – 100 calories
– 200ml skimmed milk to use in hot drinks
Your stories: ‘I tried the Canderel shape-up plan’
1. Replace sugar with Canderel throughout your diet to sweeten hot drinks, cereals, desserts and in recipes. 1tsp of sugar contains 20 calories – so if you drink five cups of tea or coffee a day each with one sugar, you’ll save 100 calories by replaceing sugar with Canderel – equivalent to a glass of wine! Small changes can make a real difference.
2. Drink a large glass of water, either still or sparkling, before each meal. Water will help fill your stomach and prevent you from overeating.
3. Vegetables and salad are allowed freely, so make the most of them – have at least one large serving with each meal. If you want to dress your salad, choose a fat-free dressing.
4. Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly. The brain takes 15 minutes to get the message that your stomach has had enough to eat – so if you eat too quickly, your stomach fills up before your brain knows you’re full and you end up eating too much.
5. Always eat breakfast – if you skip breakfast, you’re more likely to snack during the morning and over-eat at lunch.