Who needs the gym or fancy equipment when you can get fit at home, using every day items, for a fraction of the price?
If you’re fed up with dreading baring your arms, we’re here to show you how you can blitz that upper arm wobble with a few simple arm exercises. The best part? All you need for these arm workouts is two water bottles!
When it comes to beating bingo wings we’re willing to give anything a try. So when personal trainer Laura Williams devised this set of simple arm workouts for us, we couldn’t wait to give them a go.
It might sound too good to be true, but trust us when we say that by doing this 10-minute routine three times a week and you should see results in as little as a fortnight.
So whether you was to target bingo wings, sculpt your shoulders or tone your upper back – these arm exercises have got you covered.
What’s more, all you’ll need is a mat, two 2-litre bottles of water to use as weights and some extra water to drink! Simple.
Move 1. Power Push Up
Works: Backs of arms/shoulders/chest
1. Start on all fours with bottles of water positioned just below shoulders.
2. Bend elbows out to the side and lower chest to the floor. As you push back up, lift the left bottle off the floor extending your arm out to shoulder height.
3. Lower your arm before lowering down into another push-up and repeat on the right. Do 10 each side.
Move 2. Squat, Curl and Push
1. Stand with a water bottle in each hand. Bring bottles into a bicep curl at the same time as coming up onto your toes.
2. Stay on tiptoes, tighten stomach muscles and push the bottles above your head keeping them shoulder-width apart.
3. Lower bottles back down as you lower down onto your heels. Aim for 15 reps.
Move 3. Tricep Kickback
Works: Backs of arms
1. Stand with knees slightly bent, holding a bottle of water in each hand.
2. Bring your torso to a 45-degree angle from the floor and bend your elbows, so water bottles are positioned either side of your chest.
3. Maintain this position and straighten left arm back behind you – don’t lower the elbow. Return to the start position and repeat with right arm. Do 15 reps each side.
Move 4. Half Boat Pose Press
Works: Tops of arms/shoulders/abs/hip muscles
1. Sit on the floor holding a bottle of water in each hand and bend your elbows to shoulder height.
2. Lean back raising your legs, with knees bent and shins parallel to the ground, so that you’re balancing on your buttocks.
3. Keeping abs engaged, to help you maintain your balance, extend arms into the air pushing the bottles above your shoulders.
Video of the Week
4. Lower bottles back to starting position and repeat. Do 15 reps.
Move 5. Bottle row
Works: Shoulders/front of arms/upper back
1. Sit on the floor with legs straight out and arms extended forward at shoulder height holding a bottle upright in each hand.
2. Maintaining a straight back, bend your elbows, so you pull the bottles into either side of your chest.
3. Return to the starting position. Do 12-15 reps.