What's it good for? Battling colds and flu
Why? Garlic is a real superfood! It's great for colds and flu because it's antibacterial and antifungal so it fights the infection. It can also help to lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
What else helps? Onions work in a similar way to garlic. Ginger can help to relieve symptoms because it reduces pain and fever.
More info on colds and flu
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite