What's it good for? Battling colds and flu
Why? Garlic is a real superfood! It's great for colds and flu because it's antibacterial and antifungal so it fights the infection. It can also help to lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
What else helps? Onions work in a similar way to garlic. Ginger can help to relieve symptoms because it reduces pain and fever.
More info on colds and flu
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Best bob hairstyles