What's it good for? Battling colds and flu
Why? Garlic is a real superfood! It's great for colds and flu because it's antibacterial and antifungal so it fights the infection. It can also help to lower cholesterol and blood pressure.
What else helps? Onions work in a similar way to garlic. Ginger can help to relieve symptoms because it reduces pain and fever.
More info on colds and flu
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies