13. I can't lose weight because I have a slow metabolism
False: In simple terms your metabolism is the amount of energy your body uses each day and the rate at which your body turns food into energy. These rates vary from person to person, however overweight people tend to have a slightly higher metabolism because they carry extra weight. Exercise can speed up your metabolism, but ultimately it doesn't matter if yours is high or low, losing weight depends on your overall calorie intake.
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies