3. Low-fat, low-carb or low-sugar foods are always healthy
False: Some low fat foods can be crammed full of sugars, low-carb dishes may be full of salt, low-sugar meals may be full of fat and so on. The things you need to look at on food packaging are sugar, fat, saturated fat, salt, calories and carbohydrates (if you're on a low-carb diet). All of these values are important to maintain a healthy, balanced diet. They are often displayed as percentages to help you with your sums. Read our Guideline Daily Amounts feature to find out what you and your family should be sticking to every day.
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies