You've had too many fizzy drinks (including water!)
Fizzy pop has carbon dioxide in the bubbles, which causes gas and bloating in the body. And if you thought it was just the sugary Coke and Fanta varieties, then think again!
According to Dr Simon Anderson, consultant gastroenterologist at London Bridge Hospital, even fizzy water (yes, water!) could be causing you to feel bloated.
'The carbonation in fizzy water can create extra gas in your digestive system, which can exacerbate burping, abdominal bloating and flatulence,' he says.
'This can be particularly uncomfortable - painful even - for sufferers of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), symptoms of which include bloating, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhoea and wind.'
Time to reach for some good old tap water we think!
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies