When to take: Daily - as a cuppa, or as an eye compress. Make sure to use a fresh compress for each eye to avoid infection.
Making and using a compress:
Step 1 - Submerge an instant chamomile teabag in water. Leave it there for at least 3 mins.
Step 2 - Dump out the water and gently squeeze the excess water from the teabag.
Step 3 - Refrigerate the chamomile tea bag for 15 to 30 mins and remove from the fridge once cool.
Step 4 - Hold the cool tea bag against the swollen eye for up to 5 mins at a time.
Step 5 - Allow your inflamed eye to breathe for an hour before attempting to re-apply a new compress.
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies