How to sleep soundly in summer
For light sleepers, summer brings a whole host of new challenges. Even those of us who are usually out like a light as soon as our head hits the pillow can struggle to drift off when it's hot and stuffy in the bedroom, and as temperatures continue to soar, it can leave us feeling grumpy, irritable, and so tired we can't enjoy the lovely weather in the daytime anyway!
We reckon by now we've all had a few disturbed nights where that unbearable tossing and turning has almost driven us completely mad, and when you're in the midst of it, it just seems like nothing will help you sleep on a hot night, right?
Well, actually, wrong, because we've put together some genius tips on how to sleep on a hot night that'll help you to keep cool and sleep through even the stuffiest and stickiest of summer evenings. Just imagine - no more angrily throwing your leg out of the covers, and a full eight hours under your belt. Brilliant!
Some of these ideas you might already know, but others are brand new to us, and have totally revolutionized our sleep problems for the better. From a clever cooling bedsheet hack to one of the most creative uses for rice we've seen in a long time (it sounds mad, but trust us!), these tricks will keep you and the space you sleep in a much more comfortable temperature, meaning you'll wake up refreshed and ready to take on the (beautifully sunny) day.
Here are 14 ideas to help you get a cool night's slumber on a hot and sticky summer night.
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!