Leg exercises: Step-ups
What to do: You don't need an exercise step to do step-ups - just use the stairs in your house. Stand in front of the bottom stair and step up, one foot first then the other. Then step back down. Keep repeating this - the faster you go, the harder it'll be. It's a good idea to wear trainers while you're doing this to protect your ankles. You could also make more of an effort to walk up the stairs instead of taking lifts and escalators when you're out and about - every little helps!
How long for: Start off doing just one minute of step ups and build it up. For just walking up the stairs, just fit it in whenever you get chance.
75 exercise tips
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Best bob hairstyles