The GP: 'Go easy on antibiotics'
The trouble with antibiotics is that if you take them for absolutely everything, your immune system won?t develop properly and you'll be unable to fight off certain infections. If you just have a minor infection, it will usually clear up on its own. In fact, it's good for the immune system as it means the body is building up its own natural defences. Remember, antibiotics don't work miracles and, unless you have a condition like pneumonia, your body is likely to be more efficient at getting rid of the infection.
More ways to boost your immune system
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite