How to banish colds with natural homemade remedies
Whether itís that time of year when temperatures are decreasing and colds are on the rise, or you've been unlucky enough to catch a summer cold, you'll be wondering what the best cure for cold and flu is so you can get back on your feet as quickly as possible.
We all know that the best remedy for a cold is just a couple of days bed rest and drinking plenty of fluids, but having a day off just isn't an option when you have a busy schedule and children to look after.
Especially when you're only feeling a little under the weather and don't want to resort to medication or a trip to the doctors just to cure a cold. Instead of drugs, natural home remedies for colds are a great defence against germs going around in the office, on public transport or in the playground and to keep you protected through the winter months.
Try home-made cough syrups, home-brewed teas, plant-based remedies such as eucalyptus, spices and Echinacea root, all of which help protect you against the elements and strengthen your immune system, without relying on the pharmacy.
One of our favourite tips is to try a steam bath to clear your throat and nasal passages - like a spa treatment to get rid of our colds, which sounds like the best remedy to us!
So if you're keen to try a natural alternative to get rid of a cold, before knocking back cold tablets or cough syrup, then there are a whole host of home remedies for colds that you can try out...
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu