Home remedies for colds: Drink plenty of water
Hydration allows your body to function better in every way, not least your internal organs, and because water makes up 60% of the human body if you're not keeping it topped up you don't have any chance of beating a cold quickly.
You don't even need to drink energy drinks or those with high electrolytes to battle a cold, just normal tap water is essential to getting back on your feet again. You should be drinking approximately two litres of water a day or eight small glasses (this is not including caffeinated drinks).
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home