Home remedies for colds: Drink plenty of water
Hydration allows your body to function better in every way, not least your internal organs, and because water makes up 60% of the human body if you're not keeping it topped up you don't have any chance of beating a cold quickly.
You don't even need to drink energy drinks or those with high electrolytes to battle a cold, just normal tap water is essential to getting back on your feet again. You should be drinking approximately two litres of water a day or eight small glasses (this is not including caffeinated drinks).
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies