Sex is painful
Dr Sturnham says, 'If it hurts on the outside, then you may be suffering from dryness or an infection. Those are easily treatable. A deep pain during sex can be a sign of something more serious, possibly even cancer. Don't suffer in silence.
'And, while most of us suffer from a loss of libido at some point, to a doctor a decreased sex drive can be a symptom of diabetes or heart disease. It could also be a side effect of medication. Altering your dose or prescribing a different drug may well make a difference.'
Where to next?
- 30 foods to make you beautiful
- Natural remedies for thinning hair
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home