Here are our top 5 DIY options:
1. Love Hearts. Search online for the cheapest wholesale prices for items if you're looking to buy in bulk. You can get a tiny tube of personalised Love Hearts direct from the manufactuer or on eBay, with 50 packs costing £14.
2. Lottery ticket or scratch card. That's just £1 per person!
3. Make your own chutney or biscuits. All you'll need is a bit of baking flare and some supplies.
4. Make a mix CD. Give your guests the gift of music - it could be a selection of songs that you love and want to share with your friends and family.
5. Sugared almonds. You can buy them cheap online in wholesale quantities.
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite