Celebrities keeping fit: Michelle Heaton
The 35-year-old star, who originally believed she would just have her ovaries removed, has since decided to undergo a full hysterectomy. She posted this snap to her Twitter page whilst out for a run in the sunshine. A qualified personal trainer, Michelle already underwent a double mastectomy when she was diagnosed with a mutated BRCA2 gene back in 2012. Her decision to opt for a hysterectomy hasn't been easy, but one she made with her two children in mind.
She told Lorraine Kelly: 'It is primarily for my family and I'm doing it because I don't want to get ovarian cancer,' she said. 'I want to be there for my kids.'
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home