Celebrities keeping fit: Davina McCall
In this week's Fit & Well, Davina exclusively reveals her regime is down to some very simple, and very achievable, diet and exercise rules – ones that we can all actually follow. Hurrah!
1. After you have kids, or if you've just let things go a bit, it's the lower tummy muscles you need to target. The secret is to tilt your pelvis in. We do a move where you lie on the floor, with legs up at a right angle and knees ben, the small of your back pushed into the floor. Then you push your legs away while tilting hips towards you more. It's killer!'
2. I watch my portion sizes as well as making sure everything's healthy. If I'm out for lunch or dinner, I'll avoid the starter and bread - if I got started on the bread I'd never stop!
3. Less than three times a week (exercising) is pointless. If you have too much time between your workouts, it's just a waste. I've never forgotten that and so I make sure I do something three times a week, at least'
For more top tips from Davina, pick up the new issue of Fit & Well (£1.99)
Photo (left): Simon Webb
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed