Biscuits: The best and worst for your diet revealed
Biscuits are our go-to treat, and we all have our favourites: HobNobs, Jaffa Cakes, Jammy Dodgers, we don't know where we'd be without a biscuit or two on the treat menu from time to time. But is our craving for a sweet treat causing harm to our waistlines? And are we putting our health in danger? We decided to investigate...
It's so hard to keep track of our daily calories when we're on a diet, but if you're reaching for a biscuit and think they're all the same - think again! Your intentions might be good, but you could be accidentally mistaking a calorific culprit for a low-cal snack, and wouldn't it be nice to know which biscuits you can tuck into guilt-free?
We think you'll be alarmed when you find out which is the worst biscuit you could eat when you're trying to watch your weight (with a gasp-worthy 2.9g of saturated fat in each one!) and which is the best, with a diet-friendly 30 calories. We won't spoil the surprise, but let's just say that you don't have to give up chocolate...
Here's our round up of the best and worst biscuits on the supermarket shelves, so you can make a healthier choice next time you find yourself in the biscuit aisle. Now you just have to remember to stick to one, rather than tucking into half of the packet (oh come on now, we've all been there, haven't we?)
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed