Dawn French: May 2015
Dawn has steadily grown in weight since first starring on our screens in 1983. She once topped the scales at 19 and a half stone, however, in 2014, she revealed that she's since lost a staggering seven and a half stone due to health complications. Speaking to her audience for her one woman show back in June, it seems a cancer scare was behind her decision to lose the weight.
Her doctor was worried the star had uterine cancer, and although the results of a first biopsy came back clear he ordered a second one which prompted Dawn's decision to have surgery to remove her womb.
'When I was due to have my hysterectomy the doc told me that if I could lose some weight before the op, they would be able to do it via keyhole, and I would recover in three weeks or so.
Her secret? 'No magic wand, just tiny, joyless low-cal eating and lots more walking for weeks and weeks. It was grim. I lost seven-and-a-half stone. I could have the keyhole surgery. Great. That?s all it was, practical.'
It's refreshing to hear a celebrity find weight loss success without turning to an extreme, fad diet, instead opting to lose weight the proper way - slowly and steadily, eating healthier and getting more exercise. We salute you, Dawn!
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite