Best and worst chocolate bars: Which chocolate bar is the healthiest and lowest calorie?
We Brits spend a massive £3.5billion on our favourite chocolate bars every year, so there's no denying that chocolate is a massive part of our lives. Whether it's a nutty Snickers, an indulgent Mars or a deliciously minty Aero, we all have our favourite chocolate bars - but do you ever stop to check the fat and calories in your usual chocolate bar choice?
Picking the healthiest chocolate bar may seem impossible, which is why we've rounded up the best and worst chocolate bars for your diet, and included all of your chocolate favourites. So next time you're looking for a low-calorie chocolate bar, you know which to reach for!
Whilst picking up a standard size chocolate bar at lunch or as an evening snack might not be as healthy as opting for a piece of fruit, when we fancy a treat there are still some healthy choices we could be making. Especially when you consider that the difference in calories between our worst chocolate bar and our best chocolate bar is a staggering 151 calories - that's the same as a ham and cheese toasted sandwich!
We've rated some of the nation's favourite chocolatey treats and counted them down in terms of fat, calories and other factors that contribute to the nutritional information, ordering them from the worst to the best. Which one will come out on top?
Click through the gallery to see how healthy your favourite chocolate bar is and find out the winner - you might just find yourself pleasantly surprised…
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu