The Book of Summers
Beth Lowe is sent a scrapbook with a letter informing her that her estranged mother has died. Stuffed inside are photos and mementoes her mother kept of Beth's childhood summers spent in rural Hungary. The arrival of the scrapbook brings Beth's painful past tumbling back to the present. This beautifully written debut novel conjures up endless childhood summers.
Read our full review
Released: Out now
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home