Best and worst cereals - which healthy cereal should you choose?
Every family has a cupboard full of different breakfast cereals, but while many of these claim to be a 'healthy' option, some 'healthy cereals' are actually hiding heaps of sugar and salt that could be ruining your diet and might not be a great choice for your kids!
Cereal always seems to be in the headlines nowadays, and there's debate over whether it's still the nutritious breakfast we once thought. However, there are some very healthy cereal options on the market - it can just feel overwhelming to find these healthy cereals when you're standing, strapped for time, in the supermarket aisle!
That's why we've pulled together the not-so-healthy cereals along with the healthiest cereals, so you can make the best choice for your family. Is Weetabix good for you? Are Frosties as sugary as they seem? All will be revealed in our healthy cereals guide!
We've rounded up some of the best and worst cereals from various stores and brands and given each one a rating out of 10, 1 being a less healthy cereal and 10 a very healthy cereal. Want to know how your favourite compares? Simply click onwards to find out the healthiest.
You might find yourself surprised at the results...
To make our findings fair we have analysed the cereals from 100g portions and haven't included milk.
An average cereal portion for an adult is 30g and about 20g for younger children.
A 100ml serving of milk has the following nutritional content:
What's your family's favourite healthy cereal from our round up? And are you surprised at any of the results? Let us know in the comment box below.
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams