Dry skin: a cleansing cream or balm. Avoid a foaming wash or wipes, as they will dry the skin further. The essential oil to look out for in your cleanser is evening primrose or a blend including evening primrose, it has wonderfully moisturising, conditioning and softening properties.
Combination skin: use a good skin tonic, particularly on oily areas and on dry areas use a balm. The essential oil I think works really well for combination skin is yang ylang, because it can help to regulate the levels of sebum produced by our skin.
Geraldine Howard, President and Co-Founder Aromatherapy Associates
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite