Calories in fish and chips
Battered sausage: 380 calories, 30g fat
Medium chips: 788 calories, 30.9g fat
Small chips: 606 calories, 23.8g fat
Fishcake: 186 calories, 9.3g fat
Mushy peas: 98 calories, 0.4g fat
Make it healthier: Clearly, the chips are the calorie killer here (you're looking at over 900 in a large portion...), so if you can bear to do without them, or are happy to just snaffle a few from other people's plates, we'd suggest doing so. Fish at least has some nutritional value, with lots of protein and vitamin B12, but it's healthier to remove the batter as you eat it, or ask if your local chippy serves a grilled version instead.
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!