Tuck into porridge
In fact, scientists found that for each 28g of whole grains (so one small bowl) eaten a day, the risk of death was reduced by 5% and heart deaths by 9%.
Try our winter warming apple and cinnamon porridge
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet