Tuck into porridge
In fact, scientists found that for each 28g of whole grains (so one small bowl) eaten a day, the risk of death was reduced by 5% and heart deaths by 9%.
Try our winter warming apple and cinnamon porridge
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed