Tuck into porridge
In fact, scientists found that for each 28g of whole grains (so one small bowl) eaten a day, the risk of death was reduced by 5% and heart deaths by 9%.
Try our winter warming apple and cinnamon porridge
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!