Which is the healthiest bread? Healthy bread from best to worst REVEALED
Whilst you might think that all breads are basically the same when it comes to our health and our diet, we were astonished to see just how much the healthiest breads differ in calories and fat to the worst offenders. It's hard to believe that one popular bread brand contains a whopping 127 calories per slice, compared to another which contains just 57 calories per slice. So if you're watching your waistline, it's definitely worth finding out which loaves to reach for, and which to avoid altogether.
But which is the healthiest bread for your diet? We've rounded up the 20 best and worst breads from various stores and brands and given each one a rating out of 10, 1 being bad and 10 being good. Not every slice of bread weighs the same amount so to make our comparisons fair we've looked at the nutritional information for 100g of each bread, as well as how much a slice weighs from each loaf.
Find out how your favourites compares so that next time you're in the supermarket, you can make the best bread choice for your diet! Healthy bread, here you come...
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Low calorie snacks
- Salt shockers: Hidden salt in everyday foods
- Natural remedies for anxiety
- Best and worst cheeses for your diet: The healthiest cheese on the shelves
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Top natural hay fever remedies