Olympic flame at opening ceremony
The flame ended its 12,800-mile journey with the young Brits simultaneously lighting 200 minature torches. The cauldron, which traditionally stays lit for the entire Games, was extinguished after the opening ceremony so it could be moved to another part of the stadium.
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite
- Healthy juice recipes: 12 detox juices you can make at home