For her dedication to her charities
On meeting the bereaved mum, the Duchess threw her arms around her, and comforted her telling her she was a 'brave lady.'
But this wasn't the first time Leigh had spoken to Kate - in the days after her baby's death, she wrote to Kate to tell her her story, and received a personal reply.
The 33-year-old physiotherapist from Norwich said: 'I was touched that she had taken so much time to carefully read my letter and then to reply herself - it shows how much she cares. When I met her today she remembered the letter and said it was an honour to meet me. I was completely taken aback - for me it was an honour to meet her.
'Kate sought me out and gave me a hug just before she left. I was getting quite teary-eyed, she had tears in her eyes and she just said to me "You're a very brave lady and again, I'm just so so sorry"'.
What a touching story.
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Best and worst chocolate bars for your diet
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Healthy cereal: The best and worst cereals revealed
- Top natural hay fever remedies
- Calories in summer drinks: The best and worst for your diet
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Best bob hairstyles