Sainsbury's Basics Tomato Pasta Sauce
Cals: 32 *lowest of ALL pasta sauces*
Saturated fat: 0.1g
Sugar: 2.3g *lowest of ALL pasta sauces*
Price: 39p at Sainsbury's
Verdict: As simple tomato sauces go Sainbury's Basics Tomato Pasta Sauce is a great option for both nutrition and value for money. While it equals Tesco's Light option on the saturated fats front, this sauce beats Tesco on sugar levels hands down. For this reason and the tasty flavour, this is the tomato pasta sauce we'll be buying from now on.
If you want to keep track of the calories in the food you're eating, sign up for a 5-day FREE trial with the goodtoknow Diet Club. It's got a calorie-counting tool and an online food diary which will help you see where you're spending your calorie-allowance.
Where to next?
Cereals: best and worst revealed
Join the Diet Club
Crisps: best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!