Fizzy drinks: The best and worst revealed
Whether you like to sip on a Diet Coke, love Irn Bru or are a big fan of Lilt, not all fizzy drinks are the same when it comes to calories and sugar - in fact, it's easy to fall into the trap of forgetting they count towards your daily calories at all!
Did you know one glass of a particular fizzy drink contains more than seven teaspoons of sugar? Seven! Or that it would take a 10-minute bike ride to burn off the worst cuplrit's calories? Some fizzy drinks also contain nasty hidden extras like E-numbers, caffeine and sweeteners, which aren't great for your health or your diet.
So, what are the best and worst fizzy drinks? We tried and tested 20 different fizzy drinks from the biggest brands and supermarkets to see just how good a 100ml glass really is for us. From heavy heaps of sugar to hidden sweeteners, the ones we predicted to be the best didn't always serve us kindly on the calorie front, but we were pleasantly surprised by some of the better ones.
See how your choice of drink faired on our ratings from the worst to the best, so that next time you're in the supermarket or the corner shop, you'll know which drinks to avoid if you're on a diet, and which aren't so bad...
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite