Average cost of moving house
- You can save a small fortune by avoiding estate agent fees and selling your home privately using websites such as houseweb and propertybroker. Thereís lots of advice and support available too.
- If youíre using a removals company, ring around for the best deal as prices can vary.
- Check if your home contents insurance covers accidental damage during the removal process. If it doesnít, ask for extra cover to be added for the relevant days.
- Removals firms charge more if they pack for you so be organised and pack things up yourself. Itís also a chance to declutter - the less you take, the less you pay.
- Also, think about whether you actually need to move! An extension or conversion can sometimes cost the same, add value to your home and eliminate the stress of moving house.
Read our feature for tips on how to declutter and make money
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite