Average cost of living
- Be a savvy supermarket shopper. Stick to the list, buy value/non-branded products and only be tempted by offers if you were going to buy the product anyway. Read our top supermarket saving tips from goodtoknow mums.
- Take advantage of Quidco cashback offers - you can get money back for everything from clothes and presents to fridges and insurance. Also check our Money Saver page for the latest voucher codes and printable discount vouchers.
- Always shop around before you buy. Whether it’s your electricity or broadband provider or you want a new computer or bed, prices for the same or similar products can vary widely, especially with so many online stores.
- Consider cutting back. Do you need satellite TV? Can you switch brands? Are you overpaying for your mobile phone price plan?
- Petrol is the same wherever you buy it so use the petrolprices.com website to find the cheapest fuel nearest to you.
Picture credit: Monkey Business Images/Rex Features
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!