Average cost of living
- Be a savvy supermarket shopper. Stick to the list, buy value/non-branded products and only be tempted by offers if you were going to buy the product anyway. Read our top supermarket saving tips from goodtoknow mums.
- Take advantage of Quidco cashback offers - you can get money back for everything from clothes and presents to fridges and insurance. Also check our Money Saver page for the latest voucher codes and printable discount vouchers.
- Always shop around before you buy. Whether it’s your electricity or broadband provider or you want a new computer or bed, prices for the same or similar products can vary widely, especially with so many online stores.
- Consider cutting back. Do you need satellite TV? Can you switch brands? Are you overpaying for your mobile phone price plan?
- Petrol is the same wherever you buy it so use the petrolprices.com website to find the cheapest fuel nearest to you.
Picture credit: Monkey Business Images/Rex Features
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!
- Celebrity tattoos
- How to get a cool night's sleep on a hot summer night
- The X Factor contestants: Where are they now?
- Celeb bikini gallery
- 15 bloated stomach causes
- 10 tips for getting rid of cellulite