Average cost of home insurance
With home insurance, while itís important to save, itís also essential to have the right cover so follow these tips for better deals.
- Itís a dull task but add up the value of your contents to work out how much cover you need. Being under-insured will cost more if you have to claim, and being over-insured will increase your premium.
- Use a mixture of price comparison websites and insurers such as Aviva and Direct Line to find the best quote and always check if you can get cashback with Quidco.
- Never automatically renew your home insurance. Always find quotes from other providers before trying to haggle a better deal with your current insurer.
- Making your home more secure by installing a burglar alarm or better locks on windows and doors can bring down the cost of your home insurance.
- If your home is prone to flooding or subsidence, make sure youíve got appropriate cover. Itís not worth saving a few pennies if anything does happen.
Get more top tips for cheaper home insurance
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!