New ways to use old things
Upcycling, made famous by programmes such as Channel 4's 'Superscrimpers' and 'Kirstie's Homemade Home', is a new trend in the green world where items are given a new lease of life and transformed into something else which is of more use. The aim is to 'make do and mend' rather than just throw out into the rubbish.
With a bit of imagination, you can upcycle many different household items and save money on the cost of replacing other things in the process. All of the items featured can be found in the average home - you'll be surprised at how many new uses you can find for the most basic of household goods!
Our favourite is the smartphone sock - you can change to different colours depending on your mood....and how many odd socks you find lying around the house!
- Biscuits: The best and worst revealed
- Healthy juice recipes: Detox juices you can make at home
- Yogurts: best and worst for your diet revealed!
- Best bob hairstyles
- Breads: Best and worst loaves revealed
- Cereal bars: the best and worst revealed
- How to have a healthy takeaway: The best and worst options on the menu
- Tested: Best and worst sun creams
- What celebrities really eat in a day - revealed!